March 9, 2011

WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME

Jeans & Black Top: Gap, Shirt: Urban Outfitters, Necklace: Violette Vendor

Social Studies is probably the hardest subject for me to teach. I failed History 12 in highschool, a culmination of years not paying attention to government-related details, a particular distaste for political debates (which seemed like the only thing we ever did in class), and a memory that could not hold specifics like dates of battles and wars. The only time I enjoyed Socials was when we had to color maps. I aced those. Consequently, it is no surprise that whenever I can include some artistic aspect in the Socials curriculum, I do so diligently. My grade threes completed their 3D maps of British Columbia today, their final project before Spring Break, and were rewarded with an afternoon of Disney's Fantasia. In one student's map, I was included, shopping bag in hand and on my way to the hockey game at Roger's Arena. My students sure know me well...








Coat: Wilfred, Heels: Pierre Michel, Ring: Aldo

Just have to say that I am in love with my new coat, from Aritzia's Wilfred S/S 2011 line. The shoulder embellishments are adorable, a perfect look for this Spring.



1 comment:

  1. 3D MAPS! That is such a great interactive idea! I wnat to be in Grade 3 now.

    Also, LOVE your nail polish!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...