February 7, 2011

THE MORE I RUN THE MORE I AM CONVINCED


            One month has passed since I started training for the BMO Marathon. I registered on Saturday, so now it is official. Today I was finally able to run the seawall, as I got home at a reasonable time in order to still run during daylight and it was sunny out (yep, I am a huge baby and don't like running in the rain). It is also getting warmer, so I don't have to worry about wearing a toque and gloves and bulky sweatshirt, silly extra clothes that weigh me down. I felt free! Almost as free as the million ducks I had to run through/around/wait for as some lady fed them right on the running path. Ahh the hardships of a runner...




Top: Lululemon
Pants: New Balance
Earrings: American Eagle
Sunset: English Bay

3 comments:

  1. This is great, congrats! Are you doing a full or half?
    Running has always come natural to me and I thought I'd make it a resolution to do a half, but I am still so intimidated and haven't really trained in a meaningful way. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week, ski Whistler and can only run outdoors on weekends... if it's nice out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww ducks!

    Good on your for running! I haven't been back to Yoga since my two week trial period ended. I need to get my butt in gear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the support ladies! running the full marathon this year (gulp), did the half last year. to me, running a far distance becomes a mind game half way through, to just keep on going. and of course, good music helps too :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...