January 3, 2011

BACK ON TRACK

   I went for my first run in a month today (that's a lie, two months actually...). My iPod died on me back in October and my workout was lost. Although I know it should not be necessary to have music to exercise, for me it's a MUST. Have you ever been working out, and suddenly a song comes on that pumps you up so much that you work even harder than you were before, and you can't believe you are going harder because you didn't think you had it in you? Well, that's how I like to feel ALL THE TIME when I work out - exercising to my fullest. And, the perfect playlist enables me to exercise like a champ. Last year I ran numerous 10k runs and the Scotiabank Half Marathon. This year I will be aiming for a full Marathon in May. Song choices are crucial, and as of late my iTunes are majorly lacking in critical-pump-up tracks.

Do you have any great tunes that pump you up? If so, let me know!



Exhausted.

Shorts & Top: Lululemon


Also vital to a good workout:
Runners: Nike
Weights: Alex Vinyl Dumbbells
Watch: Roots
iPod: track Boy and His Computer by Felix Cartal 

2 comments:

  1. I finally got myself a yoga mat and yoga pants for Christmas. I SWEAR I will start exercising this year! Haha. Good on your for running! Running kills me, a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to be able to run a marathon one day. Good luck!

    As for some good jams to work out to...

    Kayne West - The New Workout Plan
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll
    Miss Kittin - Playmate of the Century

    And of course... Joe Esposito's You're The Best. Can never go wrong with the original Karate Kid soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...