December 28, 2010

CHRISTMAS AT HOME

                  There are so many things I love about Christmas spent at home. Decorations are so familiar, my mom always adorning the house the same way each year. New Westminster is a little town full of heritage houses, and so my mom and dad have made our place as antique-y as possible. “At home: the place in which one’s domestic affections are centered.” And I can honestly say that my parents’ house feels loving and comfortable whenever I am there. What else do I love? Smoked salmon on croissants for Christmas morning breakfast, Grandpa sitting in the same chair he always does every year, and how someone always brings up the time my mom threw five dollars in the fire (accidentally).
               
                 Getting ready for Christmas party number six, with my dress...







My cat Shredder follows me everywhere when I'm home. This makes it difficult to apply makeup...


Dress: Made by me!
Shoes: Aldo
Bow ring and earrings: Kate Spade
Diamond ring: Club Monaco
Nail color: Sally Hansen in Emerald City


Christmas morning


Yum! Mom's holiday baking



Grandpa Joe, in his chair, playing with a puppet I got for Christmas to use in my classroom

1 comment:

  1. You made your dress!? Very cute! I hope you had a very merry Christmas xo

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...