June 2, 2011

IT'S WHERE YOU CAME FROM


The best part about teaching grade one is the times when I take a step back from my teacher-self and act like a six-year-old. How to write, how to read, learning about the different seasons and addition versus subtraction and how to find Canada on a map... valid things to know in life for sure. But when I sit down on the carpet and look at a picture book with my kids, or when I color a picture with them, or when we play pattern blocks together, these are the best times. The most real times. The most honest times. The most fun times.
And really, isn't that what it's all about?


I really did play pattern blocks today with my kids. Can you tell which one I made?




When my kids are done all their work, they get to color this (drawn by yours truly).

Go Canucks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...